Opportunities only come once...
Or at least most times they do.
And...we often hem and haw so long about making a decision that we reach a complete stand still.
Being there stinks....
But, sometimes, it's not easy to know which is the right choice until it's already picked...lived and experienced.
(Hence why there's a phrase which states: Hind site is 20/20.)
I really hate that phrase, and something I hate even more is regret.
So, I've refused to live with it...
Here's how I do that:
1. Take my time listing pros and cons of any big decision
2. Make only the types of decisions which resonate with my own personal goals/values
3. Do my homework before jumping in (or out) of something
4. Not be a people pleaser
5. Take my time making big decisions; and only after 1-4 has been considered, which will generally not
be done quickly.
6. Promise myself that I will not beat myself up over it if it goes South....(or blame someone else) but
just accept it, learn from it, make the best of it, move on and make a better decision next time.
(And, maybe double check to see if I have applied 1-5 this time around.)
Recognize that your life is too short to:
A) Live for Someone Else
B) Feel Pressured
C) Be Miserable with Your Choices
Live with Regret
So, don't do it.