Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Y.I. Wednesday: Why I Choose to Live Without This...



Opportunities only come once...

Or at least most times they do.

And...we often hem and haw so long about making a decision that we reach a complete stand still.

Being there stinks....



But, sometimes, it's not easy to know which is the right choice until it's already picked...lived and experienced.

(Hence why there's a phrase which states: Hind site is 20/20.)

I really hate that phrase, and something I hate even more is regret.

So, I've refused to live with it...

Here's how I do that:

1. Take my time listing pros and cons of any big decision
2. Make only the types of decisions which resonate with my own personal goals/values
3. Do my homework before jumping in (or out) of something
4. Not be a people pleaser
5. Take my time making big decisions; and only after 1-4 has been considered, which will generally not
    be  done quickly.
6. Promise myself that I will not beat myself up over it if it goes South....(or blame someone else) but
    just accept it, learn from it, make the best of it, move on and make a better decision next time.

   (And, maybe double check to see if I have applied 1-5 this time around.)


Recognize that your life is too short to:

                                                            A) Live for Someone Else
                                                            B) Feel Pressured
                                                            C) Be Miserable with Your Choices
                                                            
                                                                    Live with Regret

So, don't do it.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."  (Mark Twain)









No comments:

Post a Comment